A CHARCOAL & BRIQUETTE PROCESSING AND PACKAGING FACILITY IN OTJIWARONGO, OTJOZUNDJUPA REGION, NAMIBIA
Makarra Bush Products is operating at an existing facility and intends to expand operations to increase its processing plant. The following activities and infrastructure are associated with the project:
– Continued operation of existing charcoal storage, processing and packaging facility, offices and bathrooms.
– Currently, a toilet pit latrine system is used.
– Water is abstracted from a nearby borehole.
– Newinfrastructuretobebuiltincludes: an office building, shower and toilet facilities, storage room, a fence, and a workshop,
– Establishment and operation of briquette storage, processing, and packaging facility.
– Vegetation clearing approximately 2 hectares to support project activities.
ECC’s Role in the project
Environmental Compliance Consultancy (ECC) has been engaged by the proponent Namchar Namibia to undertake an ESIA and an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) in terms of the Environmental Management Act, No. of 7 of 2007 and its regulations.
Register an Interest