Exploration activities on EPL 7688 for base and rare metals, industrial minerals and precious metals
Votorantim Metals provides metal and mineral mining services worldwide, a company such as Nexa Resources is an investor within Votorantims’ portfolio. Votorantim Metals undertakes mineral exploration in Namibia and propose to undertake low impact exploration activities on EPL 7688.
The proposed exploration activities are low-impact and non-intrusive. The following are envisaged during the proposed project:
- Soil sampling at 400m x 100m spaced intervals
- Regional geological mapping
- Limited vegetation clearing for the creation of tracks
- Potential creation of cut-lines for geophysical surveys
- Opening access tracks in bush-encroached areas, where there are not sufficient existing tracks; and
- Drilling exploration boreholes.
ECC’s Role in the project
Environmental Compliance Consultancy (ECC) has been engaged by the proponent (Votorantim Metals Namibia (Pty) Ltd) to undertake an ESIA and an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) in terms of the Environmental Management Act, 2007 and its regulations. An environmental clearance application will be submitted to the relevant competent authorities, the Ministry of Mines and Energy (MME) and Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Tourism (MEFT).
Register an Interest